The GROW traineeship is a training and development programme that offers people with little or no work experience in the homelessness field the opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to become employed in the sector.
The service user traineeships aim to:
- Increase the number of people with an experience of homelessness in our workforce.
- Provide a career pathway into the homelessness sector for current and former homeless people who have an experience of service use.
- Address the discrimination that exists when homeless people are excluded from jobs within the homelessness sector.
- Maintain high professional standards, while assisting homeless people to reach their employment potential.
- Improve Thames Reach’s services by ensuring that homeless people have a direct impact on the development and delivery of these services.
- Benefit from homeless people’s first-hand knowledge, expertise and enthusiasm.