Service user trainees have provided an invaluable contribution to the development of GROW.
They have helped with:
- The recruitment and induction of new trainees
- The development of the buddy role
- The internal promotion of the GROW programme, e.g. by making presentations at the annual service user conference and service users’ forums, and at team meeting discussion
- The broader publicity for and advocacy of the GROW programme and service user employment, by attending stakeholder meetings, recruitment fairs and national conferences, writing contributions to this website, and meeting with external agencies that are interested in developing their own traineeships
- Providing their insight and experience in ad hoc discussion on issues about involving service user employees
Involving trainees in promotional and media work