Area Manager x2
Job Title: Area Manager (12 months) Ref: AM-0120Salary: Grade H £38,403 – £42,432 incl ILW & 6.5% employer & 1.5% […]
Job Title: Area Manager (12 months)
Salary: Grade H £38,403 – £42,432 incl ILW & 6.5% employer & 1.5% employee contributory pension
Hours: Full time 37.5 per week
Location: Southwark, SE5
Number of posts: 2
Contract Type: Permanent and Fixed Term Contract (12 Months)
Closing Date: Midnight 2nd February 2020
Interviews: W/C 11th February 2020
Thames Reach is a London-based charity helping homeless and vulnerable people to find decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives.
An opportunity has come up to join Thames Reach’s team of Area Managers.
Area Managers oversee a group of services with a similar approach and ethos and play an important role in continually improving the organisation’s services, systems and practice.
You will work with managers of services to respond to local and organisational developments and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, as well as working closely with senior colleagues to ensure Thames Reach is positioned to respond to changing needs.
We currently have two vacancies covering:
– Prevention, employment and skills.
– Hostel and other accommodation services
Thames Reach is an exciting place to work, the organisation is constantly evolving and the service areas covered by these posts are likely to change over time.
To succeed as Area Manager you will need to demonstrate:
– Expertise in managing and leading staff
– Interest and enthusiasm in remaining well informed in best practice in the homelessness sector and relevant legislative and other changes.
– The ability to interpret financial information to manage large and complex budgets.
– An understanding of what makes services effective and delivering outcomes for people accessing Thames Reach’s services
– The ability to establish and maintain partnerships with many stakeholders, internal and external to the organisation, who are critical to high quality, enhanced and effective service delivery.
This role involves travel to service delivery sites and requires an organised, flexible approach in order to meet the many demands of working across the organisation in a range of services and settings. In doing so, there is consideration of flexible working, a supportive work environment and a team approach to creating ideas and finding solutions.
As well as a great working environment we also offer:
-6.5% employer & 1.5% employee pension contribution.
-29 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
-Reimbursement of the cost of annual eye test
-Season ticket/cycle loan
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Please download the application pack and return to email@example.com