Assistant Support Worker
Job Title: Assistant Support Worker Ref: ASWCS-0818 Salary: Grade A £22,857-£24,081, Inclusive of ILW & 6.5% non contributory pension […]
Job Title: Assistant Support Worker
Salary: Grade A £22,857-£24,081, Inclusive of ILW & 6.5% non contributory pension
Hours: 37.5 per week
Number of posts: 1
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Midnight 19th September 2018
Interview Date: TBC
Do you want to end homelessness and make a difference to people’s lives?
Are you highly motivated, empathetic and looking for an opportunity to make the most of these skills?
Then the role of Assistant Support Worker at Thames Reach could be just the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Spectrum is an innovative project commissioned by Public Health to work with people using drugs and alcohol in Camden. We run a busy day centre where clients are able to access welfare services as well as intensive key work to support them in their recovery.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Support Worker to develop an expertise in substance misuse and gain extensive experience implementing best practice approaches.
As an Assistant Support Worker you will:
• Receive specialist ‘Blue Light’ training and be supported to implement this across your work
• Develop an strong expertise in harm reduction and learn about new developments in the field
• Manage a caseload of clients and provide short term, meaningful interventions to support clients into accommodation or treatment services
• Provide personalised and creative support plans that motivate clients to be ambitious about their future and move on from the service
• Work collaboratively with other service across the borough, building positive professional relationships to achieve the best outcomes for clients
With the help of more experienced colleagues, you will be supported and trained to use your strong communication and creative problem-solving skills. You will receive regular supervision to both guide your work and encourage and facilitate your personal development.
In addition to the Assistant Support Worker you will
Be able to quickly build rapport with clients and use motivational interviewing skills
Have excellent communication skills and be able to work effectively with a range of services
Enjoy working in a fast paced environment and be comfortable juggling multiple priorities
Have experience in both preventing and managing challenging behaviour
Be familiar with the cycle of change and how this can guide your work.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Please download the application pack and return to firstname.lastname@example.org