Assistant Support Worker
Job Title: Assistant Support Worker Ref: ASWCR-0918 Salary: Grade A £21,198-£22,425, Inclusive of 6.5% non contributory pension Hours: 37.5 […]
Job Title: Assistant Support Worker
Salary: Grade A £21,198-£22,425, Inclusive of 6.5% non contributory pension
Hours: 37.5 per week
Number of posts: 1
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Midnight 30th September 2018
Interview Date: TBC
Do you have an interest in ending homelessness and making a difference to people’s lives?
If you have an interest in ending homelessness in Croydon and making a difference to people’s lives, are a highly motivated, empathic individual looking for a challenge and have a clean UK driving license the role of Assistant Support Worker at Thames Reach could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Our Assistant Support Worker’s play a pivotal part in Thames Reach’s inspiring work in Croydon, helping homeless people get off the streets, back on their feet and looking forward to a brighter future.
With the help of our experienced senior staff and management, you will be supported and trained to use your strong communication and creative problem-solving skills. You will receive regular supervision from experienced staff who will both guide your work and encourage and facilitate your personal development.
You will have over-see the progress of a group of clients, some of whom will be on the streets of Croydon and some newly moved into accommodation, you’ll work with your clients to agree and complete support plans ensuring actions from these are carried out. This work will be monitored by experienced senior staff.
This is a challenging but extremely rewarding role that requires you to assertively reinforce our message that rough sleeping is an unsafe choice and give individuals you meet clear information about their available options and the necessary encouragement and support so they can make an informed choice to move away from the street.
Work will involve office and outreach work. You will be expected to be flexible as you may be needed to carry out early morning and late night shifts including some at the weekend in Croydon at short notice.
As Assistant Support Worker you will:
• Provide a rapid response to referrals we receive ensuring people sleeping rough in Croydon are looked for within tight time scales.
• Support our clients with practical tasks that will enable them to move off of the streets or sustain accommodation.
• Directly support clients, identifying activities that will assist in their journey towards recovery and away from life on the streets
• Maintain and support links with community programmes and resources.
• Ensure that all paperwork is completed and work is recorded and monitored.
• A commitment to providing a high standard of service.
• Excellent communication skills
• Honesty, reliability and a mature and thoughtful approach to equal opportunities and diversity in service provision
• The ability to learn and an enthusiasm for training and acquiring new skills.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Please download the application pack and return to email@example.com