Assistant Support Worker
Job Title: Assistant Support Worker Ref: ASWMJH-1018 Salary: Grade A £22,857-£24,081 inc 6.5% non contributory pension Hours: 37.5 per week […]
Job Title: Assistant Support Worker
Salary: Grade A £22,857-£24,081 inc 6.5% non contributory pension
Hours: 37.5 per week
Number of posts: 2
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Midnight 28th November 2018
Interview Date: TBC
Do you have an interest in ending homelessness and making a difference to people’s lives?
Are you highly motivated, empathetic and looking for an opportunity to make the most of these skills?
Then the role of Assistant Support Worker at Thames Reach could be just the opportunity you’ve been looking for. Our Assistant Support Worker’s play a pivotal part in our inspiring work, helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives.
With the help of our experienced colleagues, you will be supported and trained to use your strong communication and creative problem-solving skills. You will receive regular supervision to both guide your work and encourage and facilitate your personal development.
This is a sometimes challenging but extremely rewarding role that requires you to support our service users to become more independent and self-sufficient.
As an Assistant Support Worker you will:
• Support our service users with practical tasks that will enable them to sustain their accommodation.
• Identify activities that will assist service users in their journey towards independence and moving on into longer term accommodation.
• Assist senior staff to manage health and safety at work.
• Support links with community programmes and resources.
• Ensure that all paperwork is completed and work is recorded and monitored.
• A commitment to providing a high standard of service.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Honesty, reliability and a mature and thoughtful approach to equal opportunities and diversity in service provision.
• The ability to learn and an enthusiasm for training and acquiring new skills.
We are currently recruiting for these roles in:
• A variety of our hostels. In this setting you may cover shifts from 7am until 10pm during the week and the weekend.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Please download the application pack and return to email@example.com