Assistant Support Worker
Job Title: Assistant Support Worker Ref: ASWLHS-0718 Salary: Grade A £22,857-£24,081, Inclusive of ILW & 6.5% non contributory pension […]
Job Title: Assistant Support Worker
Salary: Grade A £22,857-£24,081, Inclusive of ILW & 6.5% non contributory pension
Hours: 37.5 per week
Number of posts: 1
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Midnight 11th September 2018
Interview Date: TBC
At Thames Reach, we are driven and committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in delivering services to vulnerable people.
Lambeth High Street is a small, friendly project with 24 residents. It consists of 8 hostel places and 16 self-contained studio flats, all on one site. The residents have enduring mental health issues and a history of rough sleeping or homelessness. The team have relatively small caseloads and this allows them to work intensively with residents.
We are looking for an Assistant Support Worker to join our team who can:
• Establish supportive relationships with residents, be highly motivated and keen to use and develop their understanding and skills in this context.
• Support service users through their recovery from enduring mental health illnesses through individual needs and risk assessments, targeted support plans, regular key working and reviews of needs.
• support to facilitate improvement related to housing, financial capability, ETE or social networks
• Support in accessing and engaging in clinical management of mental health problems
• Work in partnership with partner agencies in providing an integrated and coherent response to individual service users
• Resettlement to independent accommodation
• Carry out housing management duties: personal service charges collection, rent arrears management, direct deductions, etc.
• Help and advice with benefits, including applications.
• Be a Team Player
The Team work to a 7 week shift rotation pattern that includes weekends and evenings. As part of the rota they will also be expected to cook a meal for some hostel residents on certain shifts.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Jane Papafio on 020 7582 3931
Please download the application pack below and return to email@example.com