Job Title: Communications Officer Service: Business Development Ref: BDCO-0118 Salary: Grade E £29,424 to £32,802 per annum incl. ILW & […]
Job Title: Communications Officer
Service: Business Development
Salary: Grade E £29,424 to £32,802 per annum incl. ILW & 6.5% non contributory pension
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Employment Academy
Number of posts: 1
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 11/02/2018
Interview Date: 16/02/2018 (TBC)
Are you a communications professional with experience working with the on-line, print and broadcast media? Can you build relationships with journalists and maximise opportunities to promote Thames Reach’s Communications Strategy? do you possess the ability to write articles that can inform and intrigue a range of audiences? Do you thrive in a complex and ever-changing environment?
If so, the role of Communications Officer may be for you.
The Communications Officer, a member of the Business Development Team, is responsible for planning, developing and implementing Thames Reach’s Communications Strategy, working alongside the Website and Publications Editor.
The post holder will:
– Work closely with the Chief Executive and Senior Management team to ensure Thames Reach achieves good coverage for its campaigns and press releases
– Co-ordinate our response to requests from journalists for comments
– Work closely with the Fundraising Manager to ensure maximum exposure for the Fundraising Strategy
– Provide advice and guidance to other staff on communications good practice.
And will have:
– Experience of working in public relations, communications or media (essential)
– Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
– The fine art of being both tactical and assertive, as well as affable and accommodating
– Intrinsic understanding of why it is important to give service users the chance to speak directly to those with influence and power
To Apply: Download and return the completed Application Form and return by midnight on the closing date to email@example.com