Lead Outreach Worker
Job Title: Lead Worker
Salary: Grade D £29,010-£30,900 per annum incl ILW and 6.5% non contributory pension
Hours: 37.5 per week
Number of posts: 1
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract ( 12 months)
Closing Date: 20th October 2018
Interview Date: TBC
Do you want to end homelessness and make a difference to people’s lives?
Are you highly motivated, empathetic and looking for a challenge?
At Thames Reach we are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in service delivery to vulnerable people.
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Worker to join our SIB service on a12 month fixed term contract, working intensively with a named group of entrenched and complex rough sleepers across Camden and Islington. Supporting them to find and keep accommodation, improve their physical and mental wellbeing and work towards employment. This requires working creatively in conjunction with clients and other services to devise new options and help clients to access and maintain contact with a wide variety of support services.
You’ll be highly motivated, committed and organised, working with rough sleepers across London quickly identifying their most appropriate route off the streets and devising, sharing and overseeing a plan for achieving this and arranging follow up support to enable our clients to maintain their accommodation and rebuild their life.
With the help of our experienced senior staff and management, you will be supported and trained to use your strong communication and creative problem-solving skills. You will receive regular supervision from experienced staff who will both guide your work and encourage and facilitate your personal development.
There will be an expectation to work autonomously as well as part of a team, to be confident in establishing action plans, have strong time management skills and to be strongly outcome focused and able to accurately record work to enable us to work consistently with clients and demonstrate our outcomes to funders.
You will have an understanding of homelessness, the impact on individuals and contributing factors, and have constructive and creative approaches to supporting people through change, towards recovery and reintegration.
Work will involve office and street based work. All posts will be based in Camden, most work will take place during office hours with some flexible working required from time to time.
To succeed as a lead worker you will have:
• The ability to provide a flexible and responsive service to meet the needs of rough sleepers across London.
• Excellent communication and creative problem solving skills enabling you to create options for people where these may be hard to find.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to work with rough sleepers.
• The flexibility to work occasional late and early shifts and weekends when required.
• The enthusiasm and ability to manage a case load of complex clients.
• The ability to carry out assessments, and oversee a multi-agency problem solving approach with people who may have a history of challenging services.
• The confidence and knowledge to supervise volunteers and trainees.
• The ability to work both autonomously and within the team; ensure health and safety requirements are followed and manage risk to ensure the safety of all parties involved.
• The necessary I.T skills to collect, collate and interpret information and statistics on rough sleeping and present these in external meetings.
• Sufficient confidence in public speaking to enable you to represent Thames Reach to statutory and voluntary organisations.
• Confidence in working with enforcement agencies such as the Police, Home Office and local authority civil enforcement teams and be able to speak to others about the benefits of this joint working approach.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Please download application pack and return to email@example.com