Lead Worker – Outreach
Job Title: Lead Worker Service: Outreach (Rough Sleeper Service) Ref: LWRSS-0218 Salary: Grade D £28,440 – £30,294 per annum incl. […]
Job Title: Lead Worker
Service: Outreach (Rough Sleeper Service)
Salary: Grade D £28,440 – £30,294 per annum incl. ILW and 6.5% non contributory pension
Location: Various, London
Number of posts: 2
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 28/02/2018
Interview Date: w/c 05/03/2018
At Thames Reach we are driven and committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in service delivery to vulnerable people.
Clients we support present with a variety of support needs including substance misuse, poor mental health, poor physical health and immigration issues.
We work with local authorities and other stakeholders to:
• Quickly identify the most appropriate route off the streets for entrenched rough sleepers with complex needs and devise and share a plan for achieving this.
• Reduce the total number of people rough sleeping by directly case working a small number of individuals with complex needs and case histories, supporting them to leave the streets and move into long term accommodation.
We are looking for lead workers to work in our street outreach teams supporting rough sleepers to move away from the streets and access sustainable accommodation and support. You’ll be assertive and persistent, able to give difficult messages and still get positive outcomes for our clients.
As Lead Worker you will have:
• The ability to provide a flexible and responsive service to meet the needs of rough sleepers across London.
• Excellent communication and creative problem solving skills enabling you to create options for people where these may be hard to find.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to work with rough sleepers.
• The flexibility to work late and early shifts and weekends as required.
• The enthusiasm and ability to manage a case load of complex clients.
• The ability to carry out assessments and oversee a multi-agency problem solving approach with people who may have a history of challenging services.
• The confidence and knowledge to supervise volunteers and interns.
• An ability to work both autonomously and within the team; ensure health and safety requirements are followed and manage risk to ensure the safety of all parties involved.
We need Lead Workers in our:
SIB service working intensively with a named group of entrenched and complex rough. Supporting them to find and keep accommodation and access wellbeing services to improve their physical and mental health needs and towards employment.
London Street Rescue team – funded by the Mayor of London as a key part of their No Second Night Out strategy. We locate, assess and support rough sleepers across 14 London Boroughs. You’ll support these boroughs to improve their local response to rough sleeping and reduce the numbers living on their streets.
For more information, please email; Outreach@thamesreach.org.uk
To apply, download the application form and return by midnight on the closing date to email@example.com