Job Title: Lead Worker Ref: LWSTAR-0919Salary: Grade A £29,796- £32,001 inl ILW & 6.5% employer contributory pension Hours: Full time […]
Job Title: Lead Worker
Salary: Grade A £29,796- £32,001 inl ILW & 6.5% employer contributory pension
Hours: Full time 37.5 per week
Number of posts: 1
Contract Type: Fixed Term ( 12 months)
Closing Date: Midnight 20th September 2019
We are looking for a lead worker to join the STAR team. We are a pan London service working in partnership with Shelter, Stonewall housing and St Mungo’s funded by London Councils. You will support people who are housed but have an issue with their tenancy as well as supporting people to access training and employment. You will work with rough sleepers at encampment sites across London to support them to access housing and employment.
You’ll be assertive and persistent, able to give difficult messages and still get positive outcomes for our clients.
An ability to identify partners and establish and maintain effective working relationships with these will be key to the success of this project.
– Excellent communication and creative problem solving skills enabling you to create options for people to access employment.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to work with rough sleepers.
– The flexibility to work late and early shifts and weekends as required.
– The enthusiasm and ability to manage a case load of clients.
– The confidence and knowledge to supervise volunteers and interns.
– An ability to work both autonomously and within the team; ensure health and safety requirements are followed and manage risk to ensure the safety of all parties involved.
At Thames Reach we are driven and committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in service delivery to vulnerable people.
As well as a great working environment we also offer:
– Support to develop your leadership and strategic skills.
– A contributory pension scheme, tuition aid and management specific training.
– 29 days holiday and 8 paid bank holidays.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
If you would like to discuss the post further, please contact the Lead Manager Kelly.Stanton@thamesreach.org.uk
Please download the application pack and return to email@example.com