Job Title: Support Worker (x2) Ref: SWHFC-1018 Salary: Grade B £22,956-£224,279 inc 6.5% non contributory pension Hours: 37.5 per […]
Job Title: Support Worker (x2)
Salary: Grade B £22,956-£224,279 inc 6.5% non contributory pension
Hours: 37.5 per week
Number of posts: 2
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Midnight 21st October 2018
Interview Date: TBC
Do you want to end homelessness and make a difference to people’s lives?
Are you highly motivated and looking for a challenge?
At Thames Reach we are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in delivering services to vulnerable people.
Thames Reach is setting up an exciting new Housing First project which will provide housing and support to long term rough sleepers in Croydon. We are currently recruiting for Support Workers for this innovative and exciting new service.
The Housing First Support Workers will be working in partnership with Croydon Council and other agencies to assist individuals to live in independent accommodation, managing their own lives and reaching their full potential.
As support worker you will:
• Build trusting relationships with current and ex rough sleepers to help them reach their goals and aspirations
• Develop and maintain relationships with individuals to enable person centered support through regular contact including visits to their home and meetings in the community
• Work in partnership with key agencies
• Work closely with landlords and housing providers
• Support individuals to access community resources and feel part of their local communities
• Develop a detailed understanding of the Housing First model
You will be part of a rota that delivers this service flexibly across the week.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Beth Winter on Beth.Winter@thamesreach.org.uk .
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Please download the application pack and return to email@example.com