Job Title: Support Worker Ref: SWSC-1218 Salary: Grade B £24,618- £25,947 inc 6.5% non contributory pension Hours: 37.5 per week […]
Job Title: Support Worker
Salary: Grade B £24,618- £25,947 inc 6.5% non contributory pension
Hours: 37.5 per week
Number of posts: 1
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract( until 1st October 2019)
Closing Date: Midnight 11th December 2018
Interview Date: w/c 17th December 2018
At Thames Reach we are driven and committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in service delivery to vulnerable people.
We have a new vacancy for a support worker in our Safe Connections team, an innovative and exciting new service working pan-London to end homelessness and make a difference in people’s lives. This hard-working, enthusiastic team supports rough sleepers to find and keep accommodation in an area where they feel safe and have, or can build, support networks.
Safe Connections take referrals from existing outreach teams and work with local authorities and housing providers to rapidly secure access to suitable housing and support to enable individuals to sustain their new homes and build fulfilling lives.
Working closely with a lead worker, who oversees the casework, you will be supporting clients to take the steps needed to come away from the streets and support them to sustain their new accommodation and rebuild their life. You’ll be highly motivated, committed and organised, working with rough sleepers across London
There will be an expectation to work autonomously and as part of a team, to be confident in engaging with clients and other agencies, have strong time management skills and to be strongly outcome-focused and able to accurately record work to enable us to work consistently with clients and demonstrate our outcomes to funders.
You will have an understanding of homelessness, the impact on individuals and contributing factors, and have constructive and creative approaches to supporting people through change, towards recovery and reintegration.
Work will involve office and street-based work. All posts will be based in Camden, most work will take place during office hours with some flexible working required from time to time.
• The ability to provide a flexible and responsive service to meet the needs of rough sleepers across London, devising a plan to get rough sleepers off the streets quickly.
• Excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills enabling you to create options for people where these may be hard to find.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to work with rough sleepers.
• The flexibility to work occasional late and early shifts and weekends when required.
• The enthusiasm and ability to manage a case load of complex clients.
• The ability to work within a multi-agency problem-solving approach with people who may have a history of challenging services.
• The confidence and knowledge to supervise volunteers and trainees.
• The ability to work both autonomously and within the team; ensure health and safety requirements are followed and manage risk to ensure the safety of all parties involved.
• The necessary I.T skills to collect, collate and interpret information and statistics on rough sleeping and present these in external meetings.
• Sufficient confidence in public speaking to enable you to represent Thames Reach to statutory and voluntary organisations.
• Confidence in working with enforcement agencies such as the Police, Home Office and local authority civil enforcement teams and be able to speak to others about the benefits of this joint-working approach.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Please download the application pack and return to email@example.com