Job Title: Support Worker Ref: SWHILS-0520 Salary: Grade B £25,833 – £26,772 incl ILW & 6.5% employer & 1.5% employee […]
Job Title: Support Worker
Salary: Grade B £25,833 – £26,772 incl ILW & 6.5% employer & 1.5% employee contributory
Hours: 37.5 per week (24/7)
Number of posts: 3
Contract Type: FTC – 12 Months
Closing Date: Midnight 02/06/2020
Interview Date: TBC
We are recruiting a Support Worker to join our Hillingdon outreach team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new service working across the borough of Hillingdon which includes Heathrow airport. Working in this team will give you an opportunity to make a real difference to rough sleeping. This role will enable you to use you existing knowledge and experience to move into a role where you will have more influence and responsibility within a team, to work towards quick outcomes, to support rough sleepers out of the airport. This team will work alongside other agencies to support people to access suitable crisis and longer term accommodation and reduce the number of people sleeping in the airport.
As a support worker you will:
– Be part of a rota that includes night shifts and day shifts
– Directly casework rough sleepers, supporting them to access appropriate services and accommodation.
– Be a first response to referrals, carrying out assessments with new rough sleepers met.
– Support lead workers to work with complex cases.
– Work alongside other agencies including, the local authority, health services, housing providers and airport police.
To be successful you will need to:
– Have excellent interpersonal skills
– Be flexible and responsive to meet the needs of rough sleepers
– Have the confidence and ability to manage a caseload of complex clients
– Have the necessary IT skills to collect, collate and interpret data
– Be confident in representing Thames Reach at external meetings and with outside agencies
At Thames Reach we are driven and committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in service delivery to vulnerable people.
As well as a great working environment we also offer:
– 6.5% employer & 1.5% employee contributory pension
– Development opportunities
– 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
– Reimbursement of the cost of annual eye test
– Season ticket/cycle loan
– Flexible Working
– EAP services
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
For further information on the post, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please download the application pack and return to email@example.com