Support Worker – Mental Health
Job Title: Support Worker Service: Living Well Network Hub Ref: SWLWN-0218 Salary: Grade B £24,135 – £25,437 per annum incl. […]
Job Title: Support Worker
Service: Living Well Network Hub
Salary: Grade B £24,135 – £25,437 per annum incl. ILW and 6.5% non contributory pension
Number of posts: 3
Contract Type: Permanent x 2 and FTC x 1 (until November 2018)
Closing Date: 05/03/2018
Interview Date: TBC
This is an exciting opportunity to become a Support Worker in the Lambeth Living Well Network (LWN) Hub, a service which is part of the innovative reshaping of mental health services in Lambeth.
The LWN Hub is front door to all mental health support in Lambeth, it is a busy fast paced environment which offers short term interventions. The LWN Hub is a multi-disciplinary team consisting of community psychiatric nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, peer support, a psychiatrist and workers from Thames Reach.
The key aims are:
– To enable earlier intervention and to reduce escalation of crises, including the need for secondary care.
– To simplify access to mental health support and ensure people get the right support at the right time.
– To offer a high quality, integrated and personalised response to people.
– To help people to recover and lead a good life; this combines social, asset-based community support as well as clinical intervention.
– To build people’s resilience and their local community networks
As a Support Worker you will manage a large caseload of service users with varying needs, as well as working as part of a locality team to deliver an effective service, with an emphasis on working in partnerships with external agencies. In addition you will:
– Work alongside the multi-disciplinary team to triage service users who are introduced to the LWN Hub.
– Identify and complete initial assessments for people with a variety of mental health problems and presenting with social support needs.
– Focus on brief interventions to help people identify social and wellbeing options, including support from other voluntary services, peer support, housing and employment options.
– Support people to apply for one-off Personal Health Budgets to sustainably improve their wellbeing.
– Work closely with GPs and the multi-disciplinary team to support people to remain in primary care.
To join us as a Support Worker you will need:
– Ability to work quickly and build relationships in a short period of time.
– Good understanding of the issues facing vulnerable people and the services they require.
– Experience of and adapting to processes in a period of change.
– Particular knowledge of the needs and hopes of vulnerable people – particularly those with mental health issues and complex needs.
– A strong track record of working in support services.
– A good understanding of social support needs including the difficulties of social exclusion and housing issues.
The team work in Lambeth and is currently based over two offices, one in Waterloo and one in Brixton / Oval, you will be expected to travel across the borough in order to meet the needs of the service.
To apply, download and return the completed application form and return by midnight on the closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org