East Surrey Outreach Service is looking for volunteers
Our East Surrey Outreach Service (ESOS) is looking for volunteers to help their work ending street homelessness
Our East Surrey Outreach Service (ESOS) is looking for volunteers to help run their outreach service based in Redhill, Surrey.
– A calm and purposeful approach to challenges
– Motivation to support people facing disadvantage
– Awareness and understanding of the need for boundaries and confidentiality
– An understanding of equal opportunities, discrimination and diversity
– An awareness of health and safety issues in the workplace
– Ability to listen, follow instructions and build trusting relationships with people facing homelessness
The team is flexible and can accommodate a variety of hours and shifts per week, however they are particularly looking for help with the Friday morning shift 6am-noon.
– Accompany Thames Reach support worker on early morning outreach shifts to respond to StreetLink alerts for new records of people sleeping rough in the area
– Take notes and record accurate information. (Street outreach shifts are typically 6am-9am out on the street followed by some office admin, such as writing up notes)
– Interact with members of the public, local businesses and other stakeholders (via StreetLink) who are involved with those facing homelessness in the borough
– Update the relevant local authority, StreetLink system and InForm database with actions and prepare shift summary document.
PPE can also be provided.
For more information or to apply, please contact Kelly, our volunteer programmes manager, at: email@example.com,uk.
Please note that the role will be based at the ESOS office in Redhill, Surrey.